Monday, April 2, 2012

Hey, look! A blog entry!

Yes, I know, keeping my blog up to date isn't going to be the thing on my tombstone for which others remember me most. And speaking of tombstones, part of the reason for my absence as of late has been a lingering and particularly depleting bout of pneumonia, from which I finally seem to be on the upswing. Truthfully, though, I have to admit that sometimes posting here feels a bit redundant given how quick and easy it is to update folks via other venues, such as Facebook — especially since this blog gets reposted there as well. As with most things, though, I'm sure there's a balance to be struck someplace, somewhere.

The weekend before last had me at MidSouthCon, kinda. My illness kept me away from most of the panels for which I was scheduled, though I was able to attend the banquet Saturday night, where I'm proud to say my novella, Path of an Arrow, received the 2012 Darrell Award for Best Novella. On top of that, as is usually the case with such events, I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in a while and make a few new ones. In particular, a disgustingly, obnoxiously accomplished Marine and fellow writer, Janine Spendlove, and who is now an official hero of mine.

Meanwhile, combing through A Sister to Butterflies continues. Plus, I'm gearing up for an appearance this summer at FandomFest in Louisville, as well as their shindig down in Birmingham this November.

More soon. And not, like, four months soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment